How appropriate that I titled this blog "Southern Things 'n Senior Rings." I just got home from my interview / meet-and-greet at DNA Creative Communications in downtown Greenville. It is such a cute office and awesome company filled with people I would love to work with. I was feel all high and mighty about having a real job 3 days a week next fall (and not to mention making more money than I ever have in a semester) when I came home and decided it was time to order my class ring. I checked my credit card accounts to see how I could pay for this. In my delusional mind this was going to run me $100-$200. I even printed the order form and was ready to march on down to the University Bookstore to get sized. Then I saw it. In black and white. I did a quadruple-take of the numbers. That says $144 not $441 right? Am I dyslexic? Did I accidentally print the order form for one month's rent in a luxury student condo or a flat screen TV? Nope. I printed the order form for a class ring. The cheapest of which is going to run me (and my me I mean my parents, grandmother, or some relative in a far away land who feels bad for me) FOUR-HUNDRED AND FORTY-ONE DOLLARS. I just galavanted around for 4 months with a 1.4 exchange rate and I am currently struggling to feed myself. Excuse me while I go sell both of my arms and my high school graduation pearls.
Yet, I love Clemmy more than feeding myself. And I love the thought of getting my ring in time to go to the ring ceremony and take a picture with Big Bad President Barker himself. I will simply die a slow un-school-spirited death if I miss this opportunity. I'll have this ring for the rest of my life. And until I meet my hot cowboy husband, it's going to be the #1 ring in my life.
You better be worth it, Mr. Senior Ring.
No comments:
Post a Comment