I'm already a slacking blogger! In an attempt to remember every bit of my senior summer & year, here is an update:
I've finished up my job at the Gantt Center...well, sort of. My boss is applying to renew the internship program and has even agreed to let me work from home since she wants to keep me. Makes me hope that real live business people will love me as much as student affairs professionals seem to. I've also started my job at DNA! My first day was stressful...it was one of their major events and I helped take pictures, direct guests, and do anything else that was needed. I stood in heels without sitting once for SIX. STRAIGHT. HOURS. The first thing on my "to buy" list is now a pair of nice, comfy, Nine West heels. I wanted the Cole Haan + Nike ones, but I don't have that kinda $$. Someday..
This weekend, I participated in an epic annual event known as Redneck Beer Olympics. Me, Amy, Kirstie, and Michael were team "WWJDrink." We're all going to hell. I kept blessing myself. But we found really funny Southern Baptist shirts about Jesus. I also invested in a quality pair of joveralls from Salvation Army. Maybe I can find my Cole Haan heels there...? Anyway, our team gave up after the first round since we were so full/dizzy we couldn't bare moving onto the second round. So the rest of the day consisted of galavanting around Chimney Ridge in my joveralls and vintage cowgirl boots. If I have to move somewhere Northern or Western after college, I'm really going to miss the appropriateness of wearing joveralls and cowgirl boots in public.
Now, onto the saga of the broken fridge. A few days ago, Kirstie and I started to notice our food was going bad really fast. This led us to realize that our fridge was not cold. Everything spoiled. We had to take out three gigantic trash bags full of uneaten food and spoiled dairy. Much of which didn't even belong to us since it was all left over from our old roommate and my old sublet. We managed to salvage some salad dressing and parmigiano in a cooler with ice, but other than that we are starving and forced to go out and eat unhealthily. This is completely defeating the purpose of my workout plan, which I have been actually sticking to lately. So we are living as poor college students with a fridge that consists of salad dressing, cheese, and white wine. Delicious and nutritious.
The rest of my week will consist of my new Big Kid Job at DNA. Hopefully this weekend I'll do something adventurous worth reading about when I'm 40.
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment